“The Loathsome Detective” will appear in the online mystery magazine Over My Dead Body.
Normally, Helena Ramirez loved this graveyard. Wild honeysuckle filled the air, crickets sang, and the black headstones gleamed like mirrors. Normally, she came here to visit her grandparents, bearing flowers. Tonight she came with a bag of rancid calf brains…
“Angel, Beast and Man” in the February 2017 issue of Trysts of Fate, a magazine of paranormal romance.
Adam Schlemiel stretched face-down on the loft, all his eyes on the stage. Assistant Manager Aaron “Big Red” Cooper ambled back to his office. Adam’s coworker, KT, plopped onto a pile of sacking and tried to massage the life back into her fingers. With the lights in order and the curtain pulled back, they could just enjoy the show. Adam reached up and peeled off his shirt, because even a tailored top cramped and irritated his three-foot wings…
“The Death Mount’s Rider” will be republished in the Gallery of Curiosities podcast for their Halloween issue!
In order of most recent to oldest:
“Hue of Resolution” in The Death God’s Chosen from Deepwood Publishing
Rick opened the oversized refrigerator and saw his dead girlfriend. Her bulk forced the condiments against the sides, and the shelves had been stacked behind the Manzorr XL industrial fridge. “Not again,” he mumbled. “Come on, get out of there.” His girlfriend groaned and dragged her cold carcass out. She twisted her blue lips and rubbed her white eyes…
- “The Wind Between the Worlds” in Lorelei Signal, available online
The Night Wind blew through the fissure between worlds and cooled Alicia Greenman’s fevered brow. Her body trembled with desire, lips moistened at the thought of fresh meat…
- The Waitress and the Serpent Priest in Locothology Anthology of Fantasy and Science Fiction 2012 from Loconeal Publishing (available in print)
“I kicked open the swinging door and locked eyes with my favorite customer. Andrea looked like a plump princess…”
- Lizzy Viscera and the Quest for the Perfect Sandwich in Cast of Wonders,episode 44, July 13th 2012. (free online podcast)
“Lizzy Viscera, necromancer, master of life and death, zipped up her Lisa Frank backpack.”
- Bittersweet Memories in Cover of Darkness. January 2012. (available in print)
“I was almost seventeen when I died. It was April 30, 1956, half an hour after sunset, when the bus crashed. That must mean I’ve been around for seventy years now. It feels more like a thousand…”
- A Thanksgiving Tale in Bards and Sages Quarterly. October 2011, Issue III, Volume 4. (Available in print and kindle )
“Tammy Knocker was struck by the unreality of her situation, fifty pounds of loose soil, and half a support beam…”
- Social Parasite in Drabblecast Audiozine. September 9, 2010, B-Sides 12. (free online Podcast)
“I, Commander Cody Pendant, am asking you, Chief Neo-Eugenicist Shahven Ishtpig the Third, one last time,” the Aryan commander tossed back a shot of vodka. The glass shattered against the wall, “is Project Minnesota Condor ready?” He impatiently tapped his gun…”
- Drinking Problem in New Myths. March 2010, Issue 10. (Free and online)
“Melissa was self-conscious, as any surviving gorgon would be…”
- Chick Food in A Thousand Faces: The Quarterly Journal of Superhuman Fiction. Fall 2009, Issue 10. (Print and PDF available on Lulu.com and Amazon.com)
“Sandra Cochlin slunk into the restaurant in loose clothes that revealed nothing and suggested everything…”